A getaway to paradise is closer than you think. Key West has everything you need to enjoy a tropical escape with sandy beaches, warm sunshine, and tranquil waters. Just steps away from the sugary shoreline is The Paradise Inn, an adults-only hotel in the heart of Old Town. When planning your itinerary for during your stay, be sure to leave time to explore the underwater world on a scuba diving excursion with one of the best guides in Key West.
A Guide to the Top Scuba Diving Spots and Tours in Key West
There is plenty to see, from coral reefs to underwater shipwrecks, when you explore what lies beneath the surface. One of the best ways to discover these sights is diving with a local service.
- Book your dive with Southpoint Divers to explore the Vandenberg Wreck. This two-tank dive takes you to the USNS General Hoyt S. Vandenberg, a retired naval ship intentionally sunk in 2008. It is now the second-largest artificial reef in the world. This dive is for advanced divers and requires advanced certification and/or a guide.
- Lost Reef Adventures offers a variety of daily scuba trips. Explore two reef locations, a wreck and reef combination, or a double dive to the Vandenberg, scheduled upon request.
- Go overboard with Captain’s Corner on one of the diving adventures. Enjoy two one-hour dives at two different reef locations part of the National Marine Sanctuary filled with coral and fish life. They also offer wreck dives that leave the dock at 9 a.m.
- Experience the beauty of night diving with Captain Hook’s Dive. Their one-tank night dive is just one of the many tours offered. Other popular dives include the inner and outer reefs, Cayman Salvage Master wreck, and Vanderberg wreck.
- See marine life up close on a dive with Dive Center Key West. Choose from their range of tours to find one that fits your exploration needs. No matter which one you select, you’ll soon discover why Key West is one of the best diving spots in the world.
Many of these services also offer diving lessons and certifications, so they can meet any of your scuba diving needs.
Vacation at Your Pace in Key West
Everyone’s version of the perfect vacation is different. For some, it looks like lounging by the pool at The Paradise Inn, while for others, their ideal escape is exploring the best scuba diving spots in Key West. No matter what your dream vacation itinerary looks like, Key West has something that fits the bill.
With its quaint cottages and cozy rooms, our hotel near Mallory Square provides you with a tranquil and relaxing space to call home. Call 877-819-4622 to learn more about our adults-only hotel and its amenities or how to save on your stay.