Despite being a small island, Key West is home to numerous unique neighborhoods. On your next vacation here, try to spend time in several of these areas to experience all that makes the Florida island special. One such area is Old Town Key West, which is not only home to countless attractions but also The Paradise Inn. Set off from this adults-only hotel to explore nearby spots every visitor to Key West should experience.
7 Places to Explore in the Key West Neighborhood
Old Town happens to be one of the largest historic districts in the county. In addition to historical attractions, the neighborhood is also home to several popular hangouts and photo spots.
- For an easy way to take in the sights, book your spot on a Conch Tour Train. The one-day tour includes three stops and a full loop through Old Town.
- See where award-winning author Ernest Hemingway lived by visiting the Hemingway Home and Museum. The house is open to the public and is a great way to learn about the author’s work.
- One of the most popular photo backdrops is found here, and that’s the Southernmost Point buoy. Given its popularity, we recommend checking the live stream to see how busy it is before heading over.
- For some of the best views in Key West, climb the stairs of the lighthouse. The Key West Lighthouse was opened in 1848 and now serves as a museum of the island’s maritime history.
- As dusk approaches, head to Mallory Square for the nightly Sunset Celebration. Get there early to enjoy street performers and delicious food before watching the sun sink into the water.
- Grab a drink at the Green Parrot Bar, one of Key West’s most iconic watering holes. Found off Duval Street, this spot has been an island staple since 1890 and is known for its signature rum drinks.
- Speaking of Duval Street, this corridor in Old Town is a go-to place for a night out on the town. Running from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean, it is home to endless dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
Discover a Premier Adults-Only Hotel
For anyone looking for where to stay in Old Town Key West, one of the top options is The Paradise Inn. While only steps away from vibrant nightlight and endless adventure, our hotel provides guests with a tranquil place to call home. As an adults-only hotel, your stay will be more peaceful than other hotels in the area.
Designed to blend classic and contemporary influences, our accommodations feature soothing colors and lush bedding. To learn more about our Key West hotel near Duval Street, ways to save, or our on-site amenities, call 877-819-4622.