A family vacation in Key West is a family vacation well spent! There are plenty of exciting activities that not only you will love, but your family too. With the warm weather, the ocean, and the sandy beaches, you’ll find that there are plenty of fun things to do in Key West with your family. Whether you want to be inside or outside, we created a guide with our favorite family activities Key West that are both adventurous and provide the opportunity to learn. One of the best parts is that all of the activities in the guide we created are near your stay at The Paradise Inn. Read below and start planning your family day in Key West!
Top 5 Family-Oriented Things to Do in Key West
When you’re here, it’s impossible not to do at least one thing with your family that involves the ocean. Whether it’s seeing sea creatures up close or learning about shipwrecks below the surface, you’re in for an afternoon of guaranteed fun. Continue reading below to learn more about all of the fun things to do in Key West with your family.
- Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center: Your family can have both a fun and an educational experience at the Florida Key Eco-Discovery Center. Discover the Living Reef exhibit, a 2,500-gallon aquarium filled with coral and tropical fish – a great opportunity for your family to learn about the native environments of the Florida Keys and all that inhabit it!
- Dolphin Safari: Bring your family to get up close and personal with some of the smartest mammals in the world! Hop on a boat and glide through the ocean to see pods of playful dolphins swimming alongside you. It’s an experience that you and your family will remember for a lifetime!
- Key West Shipwreck Museum: This museum is full of interactive learning opportunities that your children will love. With over 400 shipwrecks along the Florida Keys, there’s so much to learn! See actual artifacts, watch video presentations, and climb the 65-foot lookout tower and see picturesque views of the island and gorgeous blue water – the perfect place for beautiful photos.
- Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory: Step into a whole new world when you enter the Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory. You’ll be surrounded by hundreds of beautiful and brilliantly colored butterflies, as well as gorgeous birds and plants – your family will love being that close to these winged creatures!
- Key West Aquarium: Not only do you get to see tons of marine life, but you also get to touch some of it when you go to the Key West Aquarium! See sea turtles, sharks, jellyfish, alligators, stingrays, and so much more. It’s lots of fun for the entire family.
Quaint Lodging at The Paradise Inn
At The Paradise Inn, you’ll truly experience paradise. Our beautiful guest rooms are perfect for you, yours, and your children, with plenty of space, comfortable beds, and private balconies. Lounge by our sparkling pool and take in the sun, and take a dip to cool down, and head to the beach to experience the ocean! We are just steps away from the infamous Duval Street, so you have access to all of the shops, restaurants, and entertainment that Key West has to offer. Have a blast on a family vacation and book with us by calling 877-819-4622.